The Social Action Committee is dedicated to helping our communities in need. Our core objectives are:
- To help increase the awareness and involvement of our congregation to provide community support as one of the foundations of Jewish life.
- To take an active role in charitable giving to meet the needs of the MetroWest community.
The Social Action Committee has contributed to numerous projects during the 2016-17 year. These include:
- Family Table food distribution to needy families - monthly
- Build A Backpack Project to provide backpacks and school supplies with Jewish Family Services of MetroWest - August/Sept
- High Holiday Food Drive for local food pantries - Sept/Oct
- Veterans Luncheon at Sudbury Senior Center - November 11
- Cradles to Crayons initiative to provide winter clothing for children - Nov/Dec
- Family Promise in support of homeless families given shelter at Shir Tikva - Jan/March
- Diaper Project to provide diapers to families in need through "A Place to Turn" in Natick - Feb/March
- Early Intervention support to provide needed items to the Criterion Middlesex Early Intervention Program - April/May